Sometimes, you want to make something yourself. Homesteading Homemade Yogurt fits the bill. It’s easy and a way to use up a tiny bit of leftover yogurt and make a LOT more of it, inexpensively. I think it tastes better, too. It’s not as tangy, has a smoother flavor and will thicken the longer it cures and is in the fridge. It’s worth making and a dollop is lovely on THIS breakfast or dessert tart.
INGREDIENTS – Homesteading Homemade Yogurt
1/2 gallon whole milk, not ultra pasteurized
2 TB Greek or regular yogurt you have left in the fridge
Let milk come up to a simmer (shivering, not full boil), turn off
Ladle into (4) 8 oz Mason jars, and let cool until just a little warmer than you with lids off or ajar
Put 1/2 TB yogurt in each jar, seal with lid on
Place in an oven that has been completely off and just leave the oven light on.
Leave overnight and then place in fridge until ready to use.
About the show: Food And Travel Nation with Elizabeth Dougherty is the fusion of food and travel. This fresh, compelling nationally-syndicated weekend program includes information for homesteading, traveling, gardening, taste tests, and in a twist, listeners hear what restaurant servers say about customers.
- Each week our listeners get the very latest food and travel information
- We produce homemade videos of healthy, easy to make recipes
- We feature no-holds barred interviews in a LIVE, fast-paced, nationwide call-in show.
- Elizabeth Dougherty is a writer, trained chef, world traveler and now an award-winning talk show host.
- Food Nation Radio was on the forefront of presenting expert guests with vital information about GMOs, at a time when no one was talking about or even knew about the subject.
- We give our listeners, advertisers and stations a LIVE SHOW. (NO “BEST OF’S” EVER!)
- We present hard-hitting topics and interviews without the same old political spin.
- We are very social media conscious and stay in touch with our audience. (200,000 plus)
- We work closely with advertisers and stations to ensure their success.
- We are ready to deliver a fresh, tight, first-class show to your station from our digital studio utilizing Comrex Access and our own automation system.