ALL ABOUT ELIZABETH DOUGHERTY
I love to cook! I have been cooking and writing about food for more than ten years. As the fourth generation of chefs and gourmet grocers in my family, my mother, Francesca Esposito and grandmother, Carmella served as major influences in my early cooking years. As a teenager, my family sent me to Europe where I became focused on French and Italian cuisine. She survived a year and half of culinary tutelage under an amazing Swiss-German chef. I managed to graduate at NYIT, Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Business and Labor Relations. I also have a Nutrition Certificate from Cornell University.
I taught cooking classes, and served as a personal chef for individuals and small parties. I consulted for restaurants and other food service organizations in menu development as well as cost saving measures. As a freelance writer, I have written hundreds of articles for many different publications. She created and developed the popular “Food and Travel Nation” page on Facebook.
In 2010, I created a light-hearted, entertaining, informative radio program, “Food Nation Radio”. It’s a mix of everything FOOD, including guest interviews, recipes and food/restaurant related features.
With previous memberships in the International Association of Culinary Professionals, the James Beard Foundation and National Restaurant Association, I have tried to keep abreast of the current and ever-changing trends in the culinary world.
ABOUT FOOD NATION RADIO
- Each week our listeners get the very latest food news and information about the foods they eat and take home to their families.
- We feature interviews with award-winning chefs, restaurant owners, researchers and food safety experts in a LIVE, fast-paced, nationwide call-in show.
- Listeners are shown how easy it is to cook fresh, organic, healthy foods.
- Elizabeth Dougherty is a writer, trained chef, and now an award-winning talk show host.
- The show includes tips and secrets about dining out and in a twist, listeners hear what servers have to say about customers.
- Food Nation Radio was on the forefront of presenting expert guests with vital information about GMOs, at a time when no one was talking about or even knew about the subject.
Valentines Day 2013 brought wedding bells as she married longtime radio producer Michael Serio, co-host and executive producer of her show. The fun, playful and often unpredictable banter of a married couple comes through loud and clear on Food Nation Radio!
FOOD NATION RADIO FAST FACTS
- We give our listeners, advertisers and stations a LIVE SHOW. (NO “BEST OF’S” EVER!)
- We present hard-hitting topics and interviews without the same old political spin.
- We are very social media conscious and stay in touch with our audience. (200,000 plus)
- We work closely with advertisers and stations to ensure their success.
- We are ready to deliver a fresh, tight, first-class show to your station from our digital studio utilizing Comrex Access and our own automation system.
RADIO STATION INFOGRAPHIC
24/7 AUDIO STREAM AUDIO STREAM
SHORT FORM DEMO
FOOD NATION RADIO CONTACT INFO
For Guest Bookings, Interviews and Advertising:
Michael Serio – Executive Producer (813) 804-9005 | Michael.FoodNationRadio@gmail.com