This Four Ingredient Banana Tarte Tatin is such a pleasant way to start the day or end a meal. It’s great served warm with cold homemade yogurt or ice cream on top, too. Best of all, the prep time is about 10 minutes.
INGREDIENTS – Four Ingredient Banana Tarte Tatin
1 cup flour
1 stick cold butter, diced , plus 4 pats
pinch of salt (optional)
2/3 cup coconut sugar
Preheat oven to 425F
In processor, buzz flour and optional salt for 10 seconds
Add diced stick of cold butter and pulse until tiny pebble size
With processor on, add 1/4 cup ice water. Dough should form ball. Set aside in bowl.
Cut bananas in half , then half again to have 4 “fingers”
In 9” seasoned cast iron pan, evenly spread sugar.
Put pats of butter, evenly spaced.
Arrange banana slices in a fan on top.
Roll out dough into a circle and cover bananas, tucking inside the rim of pan.
Bake 25-30 minutes until golden
Carefully place large plate upside down over top of pan. Carefully flip pan and plate over so tart is banana side up on plate. Enjoy!
About the show: Food And Travel Nation with Elizabeth Dougherty is the fusion of food and travel. This fresh, compelling nationally-syndicated weekend program includes information for homesteading, traveling, gardening, taste tests, and in a twist, listeners hear what restaurant servers say about customers.
- Each week our listeners get the very latest food and travel information
- We produce homemade videos of healthy, easy to make recipes
- We feature no-holds barred interviews in a LIVE, fast-paced, nationwide call-in show.
- Elizabeth Dougherty is a writer, trained chef, world traveler and now an award-winning talk show host.
- Food Nation Radio was on the forefront of presenting expert guests with vital information about GMOs, at a time when no one was talking about or even knew about the subject.
- We give our listeners, advertisers and stations a LIVE SHOW. (NO “BEST OF’S” EVER!)
- We present hard-hitting topics and interviews without the same old political spin.
- We are very social media conscious and stay in touch with our audience. (200,000 plus)
- We work closely with advertisers and stations to ensure their success.
- We are ready to deliver a fresh, tight, first-class show to your station from our digital studio utilizing Comrex Access and our own automation system.