VIDEO: Very Chocolate-y Chocolate Cake
So we decided to tinker with “Hershey’s Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Cake” to give it more of an organic feel. The results were outstanding, and even Milton Hershey would agree that this is moist, decadent and packed full of chocolate flavor. VIDEO: Serio Cooks! Very Chocolaty Chocolate Cake
INGREDIENTS: Very Chocolate-y Chocolate Cake
(use organic whenever possible)
2 cups sugar
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup organic cocoa powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil (do not use canola)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
1 stick unsalted butter
2/3 cup organic cocoa powder
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
1. Melt butter and slowly stir in cocoa making sure the butter and cocoa are well mixed scraping down the sides and bottom of the mixing bowl. This is important to avoid lumps later!
2. Slowly add the powdered sugar and milk and vanilla extract. Mixing constantly.
3. If needed, add small amounts of additional milk, Makes bout 2 cups frosting.
To Frost Cake:
1. Carefully flip each cake out of the baking pan and place them upside down (flat side up) and allow to cool completely
2. Put the bottom layer of the cake on a 10″ cake board (leaving it upside down) on on cake dish
3. Place 3/4 cup of frosting in the middle and using an offset spatula, work the frosting evenly to the edge all the way around
4. Put the top layer of the cake on top of the bottom later (still upside down) so you have a flat surface to frost
5. Saving 1/4 cup in case of a emergency, spoon the remaining frosting on top and smooth it out across the top and sides of cake
6. Be as creative and decorative as you’d like. This is where the artistry of cake making begins!