Food and Travel Nation with Elizabeth Dougherty
LITTLE-KNOWN FACTS ABOUT WHATS IN YOUR WINE
The TRUTH about Food and Travel
Little-Known Facts About What’s In Your Wine
On Food And Travel Nation this week, we talked with Katrina Frey of Frey Vineyards about genetically modified yeast and over 100 surprising additives that can be put in wine without your knowledge and without a label.
About Frey Vineyards from their website: We have always been family-owned and operated, and today a third generation helps with the production of fine organic wines in a tradition of sustainability started 30 years ago. Our vineyards and winery are nestled on the slopes of the Redwood Valley A.V.A. (American Viticultural Area) in Mendocino County, California, at the headwaters of the Russian River. All of our wines are made with no added sulfites. Our innovative winemaking techniques compensate for the lack of this synthetic preservative (which can induce headaches, sniffles, and other allergic reactions in some people). The wine is therefore free to reveal its delicate and true flavors. Today, we are pleased that many more wineries and grape growers have become certified organic and Biodynamic®, for the health of our common environment as well as our customers.
About the show: Food And Travel Nation with Elizabeth Dougherty is the fusion of food and travel. This fresh, compelling nationally-syndicated weekend program includes information for homesteading, traveling, gardening, taste tests, and in a twist, listeners hear what restaurant servers say about customers.
- Each week our listeners get the very latest food and travel information
- We produce homemade videos of healthy, easy to make recipes
- We feature no-holds barred interviews in a LIVE, fast-paced, nationwide call-in show.
- Elizabeth Dougherty is a writer, trained chef, world traveler and now an award-winning talk show host.
- Food Nation Radio was on the forefront of presenting expert guests with vital information about GMOs, at a time when no one was talking about or even knew about the subject.
- We give our listeners, advertisers and stations a LIVE SHOW. (NO “BEST OF’S” EVER!)
- We present hard-hitting topics and interviews without the same old political spin.
- We are very social media conscious and stay in touch with our audience. (200,000 plus)
- We work closely with advertisers and stations to ensure their success.
- We are ready to deliver a fresh, tight, first-class show to your station from our digital studio utilizing Comrex Access and our own automation system.
Executive Producer – Michael Serio
Website: Food And Travel Nation.com