The Mother-in-Law Mojito – A friend of mine in Tampa coined the name of this otherwise traditional mojito.
Mother-in-Law Mojito. What Cuban/Florida gathering is complete without a rum cocktail.
Here’s an easy recipe to keep the in-laws happy while you cook.
Organic Mother-in-Law Mojito
Bag of Limes
One bunch of fresh mint
White Organic Confectioner’s Sugar
Good white organic rum
Plenty of ice
Muddle a TB or two (if you like it more tart) of fresh-squeed lime juice with several mint leaves to release the flavors. Don’t cut them first. Ask your guest how sweet they want it and add 2-4 heaping tsp. of sugar. More after tasting, if they wish. Add those ingredients to a highball glass along with plenty of crushed ice. Pour a shot of rum over it. Finish off with sparkling water (lime flavored, if you wish). Garnish with a sprig of mint.
About the show: Food And Travel Nation with Elizabeth Dougherty is the fusion of food and travel. This fresh, compelling nationally-syndicated weekend program includes information for homesteading, traveling, gardening, taste tests, and in a twist, listeners hear what restaurant servers say about customers.
- Each week our listeners get the very latest food and travel information
- We produce homemade videos of healthy, easy to make recipes
- We feature no-holds barred interviews in a LIVE, fast-paced, nationwide call-in show.
- Elizabeth Dougherty is a writer, trained chef, world traveler and now an award-winning talk show host.
- Food Nation Radio was on the forefront of presenting expert guests with vital information about GMOs, at a time when no one was talking about or even knew about the subject.
- We give our listeners, advertisers and stations a LIVE SHOW. (NO “BEST OF’S” EVER!)
- We present hard-hitting topics and interviews without the same old political spin.
- We are very social media conscious and stay in touch with our audience. (200,000 plus)
- We work closely with advertisers and stations to ensure their success.
- We are ready to deliver a fresh, tight, first-class show to your station from our digital studio utilizing Comrex Access and our own automation system.