IS US GOVT ENABLING POVERTY IN THE BAHAMAS
Food and Travel Nation – IS US GOVT ENABLING POVERTY IN THE BAHAMAS
with Elizabeth Dougherty
The TRUTH about Food and Travel
Broadcast Date: 10/30/2023
We’re told that “foreign aid” is sent from the US taxpayers to provide humanitarian relief for the locals, but is this true? Food and Travel Nation visited The Bahamas and we saw what appears to be TWO very different nations. On one side of the island, (the one seen by tourists) you’ll see an advanced system of infrastructure with modern transportation, hotels, casinos and restaurants, along with a very high standard of living. Yet in the shadows of those buildings and sitting alongside the same beautiful, crystal clear blue-green water, you’ll also see extreme poverty, evidenced by the shanty houses with blue tarps instead of roofs, crumbling streets, abandoned cars, and buildings damaged by previous hurricanes. So what is the truth? Is the “foreign aid” sent to help people actually helping those in need, or is the money being used to create an illusion to prop up the tourism industry?
Be sure to visit our “scrap book” page for photos of our trip to The Bahamas.
About the show: Food And Travel Nation with Elizabeth Dougherty is the fusion of food and travel. This fresh, compelling nationally-syndicated weekend program includes information for homesteading, traveling, gardening, taste tests, and in a twist, listeners hear what restaurant servers say about customers.
- Each week our listeners get the very latest food and travel information
- We produce homemade videos of healthy, easy to make recipes
- We feature no-holds barred interviews in a LIVE, fast-paced, nationwide call-in show.
- Elizabeth Dougherty is a writer, trained chef, world traveler and now an award-winning talk show host.
- Food Nation Radio was on the forefront of presenting expert guests with vital information about GMOs, at a time when no one was talking about or even knew about the subject.
- We give our listeners, advertisers and stations a LIVE SHOW. (NO “BEST OF’S” EVER!)
- We present hard-hitting topics and interviews without the same old political spin.
- We are very social media conscious and stay in touch with our audience. (200,000 plus)
- We work closely with advertisers and stations to ensure their success.
- We are ready to deliver a fresh, tight, first-class show to your station from our digital studio utilizing Comrex Access and our own automation system.
Executive Producer – Michael Serio