AMISH FARMER RAID IMPACTS US ALL
Food and Travel Nation – AMISH FARMER RAID IMPACTS US ALL
with Elizabeth Dougherty
The TRUTH about Food and Travel
Broadcast Date: 9/2/23
Elizabeth has the story of an Amish farmer in a small community in Virginia whose role in their tightly-knit religious community is to care for the farm animals and process and package the meat. His customers are also co-owners of the herd who depend upon Samuel Fisher to provide safe, healthy foods for their families and for the community. In accordance with church dictates, Fisher’s agricultural processes do not involve the same procedures as the USDA, so the Commonwealth of Virginia took action against him. After months of legal proceedings and a raid on his farm that culminated in the confiscation and destruction of his property, his farm is all but out of business and he is deep in debt.
Once again with these raids on a family-owned farm, the government overreach is clear. In addition to illegally seizing the property of Samuel Fisher and the owners of the co-op, the actions by the government is a violation of their expression of their religion and the right to be left alone!
We’re outraged by the conduct of the Commonwealth of Virginia, the prosecutors office and the Cumberland County Sheriff’s Department… you should be as well.
About the show: Food And Travel Nation with Elizabeth Dougherty is the fusion of food and travel. This fresh, compelling nationally-syndicated weekend program includes information for homesteading, traveling, gardening, taste tests, and in a twist, listeners hear what restaurant servers say about customers.
- Each week our listeners get the very latest food and travel information
- We produce homemade videos of healthy, easy to make recipes
- We feature no-holds barred interviews in a LIVE, fast-paced, nationwide call-in show.
- Elizabeth Dougherty is a writer, trained chef, world traveler and now an award-winning talk show host.
- Food Nation Radio was on the forefront of presenting expert guests with vital information about GMOs, at a time when no one was talking about or even knew about the subject.
- We give our listeners, advertisers and stations a LIVE SHOW. (NO “BEST OF’S” EVER!)
- We present hard-hitting topics and interviews without the same old political spin.
- We are very social media conscious and stay in touch with our audience. (200,000 plus)
- We work closely with advertisers and stations to ensure their success.
- We are ready to deliver a fresh, tight, first-class show to your station from our digital studio utilizing Comrex Access and our own automation system.
Executive Producer – Michael Serio