Destination Unknown: Marrakesh, Morocco
Tour Date: 5/8/2021
Tour Guide: Elizabeth Dougherty
Elizabeth takes us to Marrakesh, Morocco on the continent of Africa. Why? Because you can find a very odd delicacy made with Sheep’s Brain, plus it gave us a chance to play a snippet of CS&N’s Marrakesh Express!
Marrakesh is the fourth largest city in Morocco, but one of it’s most important involving tourism and trade.
In addition to the amazingly intact 12th century minarets rising up from the desert, Marrakesh is known for it’s marketplace filled with food and clothing vendors, and even snake charmers. Accommodations in Marrakesh range from small bed and breakfast room to luxurious five star hotels.
Colored cottons hang in the air
Charming cobras in the square
Striped djellebas we can wear at home
Well, let me hear ya nowWouldn’t you know we’re riding on the Marrakesh Express
Wouldn’t you know we’re riding on the Marrakesh Express
They’re taking me to Marrakesh
All on board the train, all on board the train
All on board
Songwriter: Graham NashMarrakesh Express lyrics © Nash Notes
About the show: Food And Travel Nation with Elizabeth Dougherty is the fusion of food and travel. This fresh, compelling nationally-syndicated weekend program includes information for homesteading, traveling, gardening, taste tests, and in a twist, listeners hear what restaurant servers say about customers.
- Each week our listeners get the very latest food and travel information
- We produce homemade videos of healthy, easy to make recipes
- We feature no-holds barred interviews in a LIVE, fast-paced, nationwide call-in show.
- Elizabeth Dougherty is a writer, trained chef, world traveler and now an award-winning talk show host.
- Food Nation Radio was on the forefront of presenting expert guests with vital information about GMOs, at a time when no one was talking about or even knew about the subject.
- We give our listeners, advertisers and stations a LIVE SHOW. (NO “BEST OF’S” EVER!)
- We present hard-hitting topics and interviews without the same old political spin.
- We are very social media conscious and stay in touch with our audience. (200,000 plus)
- We work closely with advertisers and stations to ensure their success.
- We are ready to deliver a fresh, tight, first-class show to your station from our digital studio utilizing Comrex Access and our own automation system.