Elizabeth Dougherty has been cooking and writing about food intensively for more than ten years. She is the fourth generation of chefs and gourmet grocers in her family with her mother, Francesca Esposito and grandmother, Carmella being major influences in her early cooking years. As a teenager, her family sent her to Europe where she became focused on French and Italian cuisine. She survived a year and half of culinary tutelage under a maniacal Swiss-German chef and is a graduate of NYIT, Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Business and Labor Relations.
As a freelance writer, she has written hundreds of articles for many different publications and created and developed the popular Food and Travel Nation page on Facebook.
With previous memberships in the International Association of Culinary Professionals, the James Beard Foundation and National Restaurant Association, she has kept abreast of the current and ever-changing trends in the culinary world.
In 2010, Dougherty created a light-hearted, entertaining but compelling radio program, “Food Nation Radio” a fun, informative mix of everything FOOD, including guest interviews, recipes and food/restaurant related features.
ABOUT FOOD AND TRAVEL NATION RADIO
- Each week our listeners get the very latest food news and information about the foods they eat and take home to their families.
- We feature interviews with award-winning chefs, restaurant owners, researchers and food safety experts in a LIVE, fast-paced, nationwide call-in show.
- Listeners are shown how easy it is to cook fresh, organic, healthy foods.
- Elizabeth Dougherty is a writer, trained chef, and now an award-winning talk show host.
- The show includes tips and secrets about dining out and in a twist, listeners hear what servers have to say about customers.
- Food Nation Radio was on the forefront of presenting expert guests with vital information about GMOs, at a time when no one was talking about or even knew about the subject.
Valentines Day 2013 brought wedding bells as she married longtime radio producer Michael Serio, co-host and executive producer of her show. The fun, playful and often unpredictable banter of a married couple comes through loud and clear on Food Nation Radio!
FOOD AND TRAVEL NATION RADIO FAST FACTS
Food And Travel Nation Radio airs LIVE Saturday afternoons at 4pm (ET)
Social Media Sites: Facebook | Twitter
Podcasts:| iHeart Radio |
Listen To Previous Programs & Highlights
- We give our listeners, advertisers and stations a LIVE SHOW. (NO “BEST OF’S” EVER!)
- We present hard-hitting topics and interviews without the same old political spin.
- We are very social media conscious and stay in touch with our audience. (100,000 plus)
- We work closely with advertisers and stations to ensure their success.
- We are ready to deliver a fresh, tight, first-class show to your station from our digital studio via satellite, or MP3
FOOD AND TRAVEL NATION RADIO (Note revised phone number written below.)
FOOD AND TRAVEL NATION RADIO CONTACT INFO
To add Food And Travel Nation Radio to your Program Schedule:
And For Guest Bookings, Interviews and Advertising:
Michael Serio – Executive Producer -813-804-9005 | Michael.FoodNationRadio@protonmail.com