Tour Date: 11/21/2020 Destination Unknown – The Edison Museum Ft Myers FL
Tour Guide: Elizabeth Dougherty
Destination Unknown – The Edison Museum Ft Myers FL – Elizabeth takes us to southwest Florida and city of Ft. Myers. In 1885 following the death of his first wife, Thomas Edison decided that he wanted to get away from the cold, miserable New Jersey winters. He purchased 13 acres of land on the bank of the Caloosahatchee River and built his home. Henry Ford, who once worked for Edison, built his winter home directly next door to Edison’s. Already a successful inventor and businessman, Edison saw America’s growing dependence upon foreign-made rubber products and wanted to change it. In a partnership with Henry Ford and Harvey Firestone, the trio built a botanical workshop focused on developing American-made rubber. After 17,000 unsuccessful trials, his workshop discovered that Leavenworth’s Goldenrod could be bred to produce the desired results.
Destination Unknown – The Edison Museum Ft Myers FL
Today, the Edison and Ford Winter Estates (which contains both homes and workshops) is located at 2350 MacGregor Blvd in Ft. Myers.
Join us for “Destination Unknown” every week on Food and Travel Nation.
About the show: Food And Travel Nation with Elizabeth Dougherty is the fusion of food and travel. This fresh, compelling nationally-syndicated weekend program includes information for homesteading, traveling, gardening, taste tests, and in a twist, listeners hear what restaurant servers say about customers.
- Each week our listeners get the very latest food and travel information
- We produce homemade videos of healthy, easy to make recipes
- We feature no-holds barred interviews in a LIVE, fast-paced, nationwide call-in show.
- Elizabeth Dougherty is a writer, trained chef, world traveler and now an award-winning talk show host.
- Food Nation Radio was on the forefront of presenting expert guests with vital information about GMOs, at a time when no one was talking about or even knew about the subject.
- We give our listeners, advertisers and stations a LIVE SHOW. (NO “BEST OF’S” EVER!)
- We present hard-hitting topics and interviews without the same old political spin.
- We are very social media conscious and stay in touch with our audience. (200,000 plus)
- We work closely with advertisers and stations to ensure their success.
- We are ready to deliver a fresh, tight, first-class show to your station from our digital studio utilizing Comrex Access and our own automation system.