TASTE TEST BREAKFAST SAUSAGE
“Sausage is a great deal like life. You get out of it about what you put into it.”
So here’s the story: Elizabeth and I were trying to come up with the Food And Travel Nation Taste Test of the week. We knew we needed four or five different brands to test, and the easiest way to decide is to just go to the grocery for inspiration. As I’m wandering through the canned vegetable aisle she texted me… “Butter? Olives? Breakfast Sausage?” and that was it!
“Most Russians don’t care whether they are ruled by fascists or communists or even Martians as long as they can buy six kinds of sausage in the store and lots of cheap vodka.”
We picked up five different brands of breakfast sausage. As you can see, three of the packages were pre-sliced and ready to cook, while the other two required a little more prep work.
“To me, life without veal stock, pork fat, sausage, organ meat, demi-glace, or even stinky cheese is a life not worth living.”
Cooked to 160 degrees, we judged them on flavor (and the spices) tenderness and saltiness.
Here are the results:
About the show: Food And Travel Nation with Elizabeth Dougherty is the fusion of food and travel. This fresh, compelling nationally-syndicated weekend program includes information for homesteading, traveling, gardening, taste tests, and in a twist, listeners hear what restaurant servers say about customers.
- Each week our listeners get the very latest food and travel information
- We produce homemade videos of healthy, easy to make recipes
- We feature no-holds barred interviews in a LIVE, fast-paced, nationwide call-in show.
- Elizabeth Dougherty is a writer, trained chef, world traveler and now an award-winning talk show host.
- Food Nation Radio was on the forefront of presenting expert guests with vital information about GMOs, at a time when no one was talking about or even knew about the subject.
- We give our listeners, advertisers and stations a LIVE SHOW. (NO “BEST OFS” EVER!)
- We present hard-hitting topics and interviews without the same old political spin.
- We are very social media conscious and stay in touch with our audience. (200,000 plus)
- We work closely with advertisers and stations to ensure their success.
- We are ready to deliver a fresh, tight, first-class show to your station from our digital studio utilizing Comrex Access and our own automation system.