USDA RELEASES THE FOOD INSECURITY REPORT – IT’S WORSE THAN YOU THINK
Food and Travel Nation – USDA RELEASES THE FOOD INSECURITY REPORT – IT’S WORSE THAN YOU THINK
with Elizabeth Dougherty
The TRUTH about Food and Travel
Broadcast Date: 10/30/2023
USDA Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack released the results of the 2022 Food Insecurity Report last week, saying “They paint a picture of just how many Americans faced the heartbreaking challenge last year of struggling to meet a basic need for themselves and their children.”
In 2022, 17 million Americans experienced significant hunger in 2022, a million more than in 2021. With the curtailment of SNAP benefits early in 2023, next year’s report will be significantly worse.
So what did Mr. Vilsack actually DO to combat hunger here in the United States? Vilsack “reallocated” over 2 BILLION dollars to promote American agricultural interests in overseas markets.
About the show: Food And Travel Nation with Elizabeth Dougherty is the fusion of food and travel. This fresh, compelling nationally-syndicated weekend program includes information for homesteading, traveling, gardening, taste tests, and in a twist, listeners hear what restaurant servers say about customers.
- Each week our listeners get the very latest food and travel information
- We produce homemade videos of healthy, easy to make recipes
- We feature no-holds barred interviews in a LIVE, fast-paced, nationwide call-in show.
- Elizabeth Dougherty is a writer, trained chef, world traveler and now an award-winning talk show host.
- Food Nation Radio was on the forefront of presenting expert guests with vital information about GMOs, at a time when no one was talking about or even knew about the subject.
- We give our listeners, advertisers and stations a LIVE SHOW. (NO “BEST OF’S” EVER!)
- We present hard-hitting topics and interviews without the same old political spin.
- We are very social media conscious and stay in touch with our audience. (200,000 plus)
- We work closely with advertisers and stations to ensure their success.
- We are ready to deliver a fresh, tight, first-class show to your station from our digital studio utilizing Comrex Access and our own automation system.
Executive Producer – Michael Serio