FOOD NEWS – GMO SALMON, GMO COWS AND NOW GMO PIGS
Food and Travel Nation with Elizabeth Dougherty
The TRUTH about Food and Travel – FOOD NEWS – GMO SALMON, GMO COWS AND NOW GMO PIGS
Broadcast Date: 1014/2023
So if you’re keeping score at home: dozens of fruits and veggies have been genetically modified as well as cows and salmon. So what’s next? Here come the GMO pigs!
A company has genetically removed DNA from the pigs that leaves them vulnerable to a particular respiratory disease. The company expects FDA approval early in 2024, and hopes to have them out in American farms soon thereafter. What’s missing in this whole process?
TESTING for human safety!
These genetically modified foods are being released onto the markets and grocery store shelves without long-term studies to test whether they are safe for human consumption.
About the show: Food And Travel Nation with Elizabeth Dougherty is the fusion of food and travel. This fresh, compelling nationally-syndicated weekend program includes information for homesteading, traveling, gardening, taste tests, and in a twist, listeners hear what restaurant servers say about customers.
- Each week our listeners get the very latest food and travel information
- We produce homemade videos of healthy, easy to make recipes
- We feature no-holds barred interviews in a LIVE, fast-paced, nationwide call-in show.
- Elizabeth Dougherty is a writer, trained chef, world traveler and now an award-winning talk show host.
- Food Nation Radio was on the forefront of presenting expert guests with vital information about GMOs, at a time when no one was talking about or even knew about the subject.
- We give our listeners, advertisers and stations a LIVE SHOW. (NO “BEST OF’S” EVER!)
- We present hard-hitting topics and interviews without the same old political spin.
- We are very social media conscious and stay in touch with our audience. (200,000 plus)
- We work closely with advertisers and stations to ensure their success.
- We are ready to deliver a fresh, tight, first-class show to your station from our digital studio utilizing Comrex Access and our own automation system.
Executive Producer – Michael Serio