Almond Ricotta Cake
If you need a little afternoon snack, this cake fits the bill. It’s not too sweet and perfect with a cup of Lifeboost Coffee.
Preheat oven to 350F
Butter and flour a fluted, round tart pan
We are using the muffin method, with two bowls.
Wet bowl (nearly all organic)
1/2 cup coconut sugar (caramelized over very low heat in a pan, then cooled)
1 1/4 cups ricotta cheese, recipe here
1 cap almond extract
1 cap vanilla extract (both measured SO carefully 🙂
5 TB olive oil
3/4 cup milk
2 1/4 cups flour
1 TB baking powder
Whisk dry ingredients to sift and combine
Whisk wet bowl until just combined
Add about half dry mix at a time to wet and combine
Pour mixture into prepared tart pan and bake for about 45-50 minutes
Turn off oven and let sit in oven for 30 minutes
Check with toothpick or the tip of a paring knife. It should have almost no crumb.
Turn out after it cools, garnish with organic sugar and serve with marmalade or iHeartBees honey
About the show: Food And Travel Nation with Elizabeth Dougherty is the fusion of food and travel. This fresh, compelling nationally-syndicated weekend program includes information for homesteading, traveling, gardening, taste tests, and in a twist, listeners hear what restaurant servers say about customers.
- Each week our listeners get the very latest food and travel information
- We produce homemade videos of healthy, easy to make recipes
- We feature no-holds barred interviews in a LIVE, fast-paced, nationwide call-in show.
- Elizabeth Dougherty is a writer, trained chef, world traveler and now an award-winning talk show host.
- Food Nation Radio was on the forefront of presenting expert guests with vital information about GMOs, at a time when no one was talking about or even knew about the subject.
- We give our listeners, advertisers and stations a LIVE SHOW. (NO “BEST OF’S” EVER!)
- We present hard-hitting topics and interviews without the same old political spin.
- We are very social media conscious and stay in touch with our audience. (200,000 plus)
- We work closely with advertisers and stations to ensure their success.
- We are ready to deliver a fresh, tight, first-class show to your station from our digital studio utilizing Comrex Access and our own automation system.
Executive Producer – Michael Serio
FOOD AND TRAVEL NATION FAST FACTS
Website: Food And Travel Nation.com
Social Media Sites: Facebook | Twitter
24/7 AUDIO STREAM ON iHEART RADIO
FOOD AND TRAVEL NATION RADIO SYNDICATION INFORMATION
Michael Serio – Executive Producer (813) 804-9005 | email@example.com