Boston Beats NYC for Best Pizza – New Yorkers are proud a proud lot.
After all these years of westward and southern growth, “The Big Apple” is still the largest city in America. It was New York Harbor (the one with that statue) that welcomed millions of immigrants. It’s the city that represents the very ideal of American freedom and hope. It’s a city of fine art and classical music. New York is a city that loves to eat and features both refined and diverse tastes. It’s a city that supports their sports teams, win or lose. And it’s a city that has suffered devastating loss, then rebuilt itself time and time again.
So it’s almost unimaginable that New York City, the birthplace of pizza restaurants in America finished in second place in a pizza contest. To the chagrin of proud New Yorkers everywhere, (including the host of this radio program) that it was a pizza restaurant in the contemptable city of Boston that took the crown.
The Results Are In – Boston Beats NYC for Best Pizza
Food and Travel Nation’s Elizabeth Dougherty spoke with corporate executive chef Louis Hubbel of Regina Pizzeria about their victory. As you’ll discover, the best pizza in America starts with the right ingredients, but then listen to the special care given to those ingredients. And while the Chef is usually the one to hold up the award, he’s quick to point out that their win was a team effort.
About the show: Food And Travel Nation with Elizabeth Dougherty is the fusion of food and travel. This fresh, compelling nationally-syndicated weekend program includes information for homesteading, traveling, gardening, taste tests, and in a twist, listeners hear what restaurant servers say about customers.
- Each week our listeners get the very latest food and travel information
- We produce homemade videos of healthy, easy to make recipes
- We feature no-holds barred interviews in a LIVE, fast-paced, nationwide call-in show.
- Elizabeth Dougherty is a writer, trained chef, world traveler and now an award-winning talk show host.
- Food Nation Radio was on the forefront of presenting expert guests with vital information about GMOs, at a time when no one was talking about or even knew about the subject.
- We give our listeners, advertisers and stations a LIVE SHOW. (NO “BEST OF’S” EVER!)
- We present hard-hitting topics and interviews without the same old political spin.
- We are very social media conscious and stay in touch with our audience. (200,000 plus)
- We work closely with advertisers and stations to ensure their success.
- We are ready to deliver a fresh, tight, first-class show to your station from our digital studio.