FDA ADMITS DEFEAT AND PULLS POISONOUS ADDITIVE
Food and Travel Nation with Elizabeth Dougherty
FDA ADMITS DEFEAT AND PULLS POISONOUS ADDITIVE OFF THE MARKET
The TRUTH about Food and Travel
Broadcast Date: 11/6/2023
In 1958, a reorganization inside the FDA gave MUCH more power to the food industry to police itself.
A weird, untested substance known as Brominated Vegetable Oil (BVO) was designated as generally recognized as safe (GRAS) by the food industry, and the FDA allowed its use in food and beverages. This designation was withdrawn by 1970 as studies were presented that proved otherwise, but in the face of pressure from the soft drink and food processing industries, the FDA folded and BVO was never banned.
Fast forward to 2023. After months of debate, California assembly members passed a statewide ban on BVO and the bill was signed into law. Rather that deal with the very touchy issue of a food additive being allowed in 49 states but banned in California, the FDA has reluctantly agreed to ban BVO altogether.
Why did it take so long to take such an easy and obvious step.
The FDA has some explaining to do!
About the show: Food And Travel Nation with Elizabeth Dougherty is the fusion of food and travel. This fresh, compelling nationally-syndicated weekend program includes information for homesteading, traveling, gardening, taste tests, and in a twist, listeners hear what restaurant servers say about customers.
- Each week our listeners get the very latest food and travel information
- We produce homemade videos of healthy, easy to make recipes
- We feature no-holds barred interviews in a LIVE, fast-paced, nationwide call-in show.
- Elizabeth Dougherty is a writer, trained chef, world traveler and now an award-winning talk show host.
- Food Nation Radio was on the forefront of presenting expert guests with vital information about GMOs, at a time when no one was talking about or even knew about the subject.
- We give our listeners, advertisers and stations a LIVE SHOW. (NO “BEST OF’S” EVER!)
- We present hard-hitting topics and interviews without the same old political spin.
- We are very social media conscious and stay in touch with our audience. (200,000 plus)
- We work closely with advertisers and stations to ensure their success.
- We are ready to deliver a fresh, tight, first-class show to your station from our digital studio utilizing Comrex Access and our own automation system.
Executive Producer – Michael Serio