GRILLED STEAKS WEEKEND MENU
I scored some great-looking steaks, so I wanted to share how I prepare them, along with some quick grill side items: sweet non-gmo corn and goat cheese stuffed mushrooms. No need to measure everything, really, Just have fun! These came out SO tender. See video for some extra tips.
Ingredients – GRILLED STEAKS WEEKEND MENU
Thick cut New York strip steaks
Large portobello mushrooms
Herbed goat cheese
Non gmo ears of corn, partially husked
good quality butter
Let steaks come up to almost room temperature
Pat dry on both sides
season with your favorite seasoning salt
Grill on medium high heat to desired doneness (see video)
(firm to the touch is well done, some give is medium, rare has very little firmness)
While steaks are cooking, season corn and place on top rack
finish corn on main grill while steaks rest
While finishing corn, put mushrooms, cheese side up on top rack, pull off when cheese is soft
Add a pat of butter to steaks and hot corn.
Serve and offer these macaroons after dinner.
About the show: Food And Travel Nation with Elizabeth Dougherty is the fusion of food and travel. This fresh, compelling nationally-syndicated weekend program includes information for homesteading, traveling, gardening, taste tests, and in a twist, listeners hear what restaurant servers say about customers.
- Each week our listeners get the very latest food and travel information
- We produce homemade videos of healthy, easy to make recipes
- We feature no-holds barred interviews in a LIVE, fast-paced, nationwide call-in show.
- Elizabeth Dougherty is a writer, trained chef, world traveler and now an award-winning talk show host.
- Food Nation Radio was on the forefront of presenting expert guests with vital information about GMOs, at a time when no one was talking about or even knew about the subject.
- We give our listeners, advertisers and stations a LIVE SHOW. (NO “BEST OF’S” EVER!)
- We present hard-hitting topics and interviews without the same old political spin.
- We are very social media conscious and stay in touch with our audience. (200,000 plus)
- We work closely with advertisers and stations to ensure their success.
- We are ready to deliver a fresh, tight, first-class show to your station from our digital studio utilizing Comrex Access and our own automation system.
Executive Producer – Michael Serio