DESTINATION UNKNOWN – AMERICAN LABOR MUSEUM
Food and Travel Nation – DESTINATION UNKNOWN – AMERICAN LABOR MUSEUM
with Elizabeth Dougherty
The TRUTH about Food and Travel
Broadcast Date: 9/2/23
In 1913, 25,000 striking workers from a Patterson, New Jersey silk factory met at the home of Pietro Botto. By 2023 standards, their demands don’t seem too extreme… workers asked for a 40 hour work week, and the elimination of forced child labor. Their efforts to persuade management to make those changes failed and they went back to work. Over the next generation as the American labor movement grew, that home became a focal point for the struggles facing all American workers. Over time concessions were eventually made and labor demands were met. In the process, the partnership between ownership/management and American labor created the greatest, most productive workforce in the world.
That modest home at 83 Norwood Street in Haledon, NJ, now serves as the home of the American Labor Museum. Guests can stand on the Botto living room where striking workers made their modest demands, and look out the balcony where labor leaders addressed the gathered crowds.
On this Labor Day Weekend in 2023, Elizabeth takes us to the American Labor Museum with a message that with honest hard work, coupled with compromise, remains the best path toward reaching the American Dream.
About the show: Food And Travel Nation with Elizabeth Dougherty is the fusion of food and travel. This fresh, compelling nationally-syndicated weekend program includes information for homesteading, traveling, gardening, taste tests, and in a twist, listeners hear what restaurant servers say about customers.
- Each week our listeners get the very latest food and travel information
- We produce homemade videos of healthy, easy to make recipes
- We feature no-holds barred interviews in a LIVE, fast-paced, nationwide call-in show.
- Elizabeth Dougherty is a writer, trained chef, world traveler and now an award-winning talk show host.
- Food Nation Radio was on the forefront of presenting expert guests with vital information about GMOs, at a time when no one was talking about or even knew about the subject.
- We give our listeners, advertisers and stations a LIVE SHOW. (NO “BEST OF’S” EVER!)
- We present hard-hitting topics and interviews without the same old political spin.
- We are very social media conscious and stay in touch with our audience. (200,000 plus)
- We work closely with advertisers and stations to ensure their success.
- We are ready to deliver a fresh, tight, first-class show to your station from our digital studio utilizing Comrex Access and our own automation system.
Executive Producer – Michael Serio