IS WHEAT MAKING YOU FAT AND KILLING YOU GUEST WILLIAM DAVIS
Food and Travel Nation – IS WHEAT MAKING YOU FAT AND KILLING YOU GUEST WILLIAM DAVIS
with Elizabeth Dougherty
Original Broadcast Date: 9/29/2012
From the Food And Travel Nation Archives:
This past week we interviewed Dr. William Davis. He has researched changes in our wheat supply and effects on the American diet. His book, Wheat Belly was written after many of his patients showed marked weight loss and improved blood sugar levels after eliminating wheat from their diets.
The most intriguing aspect of the story is when he talks about changes in the wheat supply. The reality is, it happened so long ago, no one even thought to ask how our wheat was changed and why.
“William Davis, MD, is a preventive cardiologist whose unique approach to diet allows him to advocate reversal, not just prevention, of heart disease. He is the founder of theTrack Your Plaque program. He lives in Wisconsin. Nothing here should be construed as medical advice, but only topics for further discussion with you
ABOUT FOOD AND TRAVEL NATION
About the show: Food And Travel Nation with Elizabeth Dougherty is the fusion of food and travel. This fresh, compelling nationally-syndicated weekend program includes information for homesteading, traveling, gardening, taste tests, and in a twist, listeners hear what restaurant servers say about customers.
- Each week our listeners get the very latest food and travel information
- We produce homemade videos of healthy, easy to make recipes
- We feature no-holds barred interviews in a LIVE, fast-paced, nationwide call-in show.
- Elizabeth Dougherty is a writer, trained chef, world traveler and now an award-winning talk show host.
- Food Nation Radio was on the forefront of presenting expert guests with vital information about GMOs, at a time when no one was talking about or even knew about the subject.
- We give our listeners, advertisers and stations a LIVE SHOW. (NO “BEST OF’S” EVER!)
- We present hard-hitting topics and interviews without the same old political spin.
- We are very social media conscious and stay in touch with our audience. (200,000 plus)
- We work closely with advertisers and stations to ensure their success.
- We are ready to deliver a fresh, tight, first-class show to your station from our digital studio utilizing Comrex Access and our own automation system.