DESTINATION UNKNOWN – LAKE SUPERIOR CRUISES
Food and Travel Nation – DESTINATION UNKNOWN – LAKE SUPERIOR CRUISES
with Elizabeth Dougherty
The TRUTH about Food and Travel
Broadcast Date: 9/17/22
Elizabeth takes us to the Lake Superior where a cruise liner is waiting. THIS is the time of year to visit as temperatures are cooling, the leaves are changing, and the “Gales of November” haven’t started yet! Yes, we visit the “Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.”
Although Americans are explorers by nature, there is this: “Diving to the wreck requires a special permit issued by the Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary, which manages the site. However, these permits are only granted for research and conservation purposes.” There is a museum for educational purposes here: Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum in Whitefish Point, Michigan.
ALL ABOUT ELIZABETH DOUGHERTY
I love to cook! I have been cooking and writing about food for more than ten years. As the fourth generation of chefs and gourmet grocers in my family, my mother, Francesca Esposito and grandmother, Carmella served as major influences in my early cooking years. As a teenager, my family sent me to Europe where I became focused on French and Italian cuisine. She survived a year and half of culinary tutelage under an amazing Swiss-German chef. I managed to graduate at NYIT, Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Business and Labor Relations. I also have a Nutrition Certificate from Cornell University.
I taught cooking classes, and served as a personal chef for individuals and small parties. I consulted for restaurants and other food service organizations in menu development as well as cost saving measures. As a freelance writer, I have written hundreds of articles for many different publications. I created and developed the popular “Food and Travel Nation” page on Facebook, Twitter and more.
In 2010, I created a light-hearted, entertaining, informative radio program, “Food Nation Radio”. It’s a mix of everything FOOD, including guest interviews, recipes and food/restaurant related features.
With previous memberships in the International Association of Culinary Professionals, the James Beard Foundation and National Restaurant Association, I have tried to keep abreast of the current and ever-changing trends in the culinary world.
Hospitality, Business, Labor Relations Bachelor’s Magna Cum Laude NYIT with a Nutrition Certificate from Cornell University
ABOUT FOOD AND TRAVEL NATION
About the show: Food And Travel Nation with Elizabeth Dougherty is the fusion of food and travel. This fresh, compelling nationally-syndicated weekend program includes information for homesteading, traveling, gardening, taste tests, and in a twist, listeners hear what restaurant servers say about customers.
- Each week our listeners get the very latest food and travel information
- We produce homemade videos of healthy, easy to make recipes
- We feature no-holds barred interviews in a LIVE, fast-paced, nationwide call-in show.
- Elizabeth Dougherty is a writer, trained chef, world traveler and now an award-winning talk show host.
- Food Nation Radio was on the forefront of presenting expert guests with vital information about GMOs, at a time when no one was talking about or even knew about the subject.
- We give our listeners, advertisers and stations a LIVE SHOW. (NO “BEST OF’S” EVER!)
- We present hard-hitting topics and interviews without the same old political spin.
- We are very social media conscious and stay in touch with our audience. (200,000 plus)
- We work closely with advertisers and stations to ensure their success.
- We are ready to deliver a fresh, tight, first-class show to your station from our digital studio utilizing several manners of access and our own automation system.
Executive Producer – Michael Serio
FOOD AND TRAVEL NATION FAST FACTS
FOOD AND TRAVEL NATION RADIO SYNDICATION INFORMATION
Michael Serio – Executive Producer (813) 804-9005 | email@example.com