THE FALLACY OF WINDMILLS
Food and Travel Nation – THE FALLACY OF WINDMILLS
with Elizabeth Dougherty
The TRUTH about Food and Travel
Broadcast Date: 4/17/23
During a 1988 campaign stop in North Carolina, Presidental candidate Al Gore stood on a flat bed truck and told a group of farmers that he too was a tobacco farmer. Critics noted both the irony and the hypocrisy, as Gore’s sister had died four years earlier from lung cancer. Some would say that over the years since, this same politician has turned the government’s public policy towards energy into a personal financial windfall. Al Gore’s current “push” for renewable energy is for the use of offshore windmills. But at what price? Both the seafood industry as well as ecologists are concerned as the proliferation of windmills off the coast of the US, that could be devastating to both.
Elizabeth has a message of both warning, and a call to action!
About the show: Food And Travel Nation with Elizabeth Dougherty is the fusion of food and travel. This fresh, compelling nationally-syndicated weekend program includes information for homesteading, traveling, gardening, taste tests, and in a twist, listeners hear what restaurant servers say about customers.
- Each week our listeners get the very latest food and travel information
- We produce homemade videos of healthy, easy to make recipes
- We feature no-holds barred interviews in a LIVE, fast-paced, nationwide call-in show.
- Elizabeth Dougherty is a writer, trained chef, world traveler and now an award-winning talk show host.
- Food Nation Radio was on the forefront of presenting expert guests with vital information about GMOs, at a time when no one was talking about or even knew about the subject.
- We give our listeners, advertisers and stations a LIVE SHOW. (NO “BEST OF’S” EVER!)
- We present hard-hitting topics and interviews without the same old political spin.
- We are very social media conscious and stay in touch with our audience. (200,000 plus)
- We work closely with advertisers and stations to ensure their success.
- We are ready to deliver a fresh, tight, first-class show to your station from our digital studio utilizing Comrex Access and our own automation system.
Executive Producer – Michael Serio