Tasty Homemade Granola Costs Less
Granola from the store can be expensive and the quality is not always very good. This recipe is packed with protein and good vitamins and nutrients. Kids love it and it makes a good snack on yogurt or ice cream.
Preheat oven to 250F
line a large sheet pan (or two smaller pans) with parchment paper or a silpat
In a large bowl combine:
7 cups rolled oats
1 cup unsweetened coconut
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup walnuts
1 cup pecans
1 cup sliced almonds
In a medium bowl combine:
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup iHeartBeesHoney
1 TB real vanilla extract
Add wet ingredients into large bowl and stir with large spatula.
Spread out onto sheet pan, evenly.
Bake in 15 minute increments for 90 minutes, carefully stirring after every 15 minutes
After baking add:
1 cups dried cherries
2 cups dried blueberries
Stir all to combine. Store in an airtight container up to a couple of weeks.
About the show: Food And Travel Nation with Elizabeth Dougherty is the fusion of food and travel. This fresh, compelling nationally-syndicated weekend program includes information for homesteading, traveling, gardening, taste tests, and in a twist, listeners hear what restaurant servers say about customers.
- Each week our listeners get the very latest food and travel information
- We produce homemade videos of healthy, easy to make recipes
- We feature no-holds barred interviews in a LIVE, fast-paced, nationwide call-in show.
- Elizabeth Dougherty is a writer, trained chef, world traveler and now an award-winning talk show host.
- Food Nation Radio was on the forefront of presenting expert guests with vital information about GMOs, at a time when no one was talking about or even knew about the subject.
- We give our listeners, advertisers and stations a LIVE SHOW. (NO “BEST OF’S” EVER!)
- We present hard-hitting topics and interviews without the same old political spin.
- We are very social media conscious and stay in touch with our audience. (200,000 plus)
- We work closely with advertisers and stations to ensure their success.
- We are ready to deliver a fresh, tight, first-class show to your station from our digital studio utilizing Comrex Access and our own automation system.