Elizabeth Dougherty has been cooking and writing about food intensively for more than ten years. She is the fourth generation of chefs and gourmet grocers in her family with her mother, Francesca Esposito and grandmother, Carmella being major influences in her early cooking years. As a teenager, her family sent her to Europe where she became focused on French and Italian cuisine. She survived a year and half of culinary tutelage under a maniacal Swiss-German chef and is a graduate of NYIT, Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Business and Labor Relations.
Her company, Culinary Pursuits, taught cooking classes, served as a personal chef for individuals and small parties, and consulted for restaurants and other food service organizations in menu development as well as cost saving measures. As a freelance writer, she has written hundreds of articles for many different publications and created and developed the popular “Eat St. Pete” page on Facebook.
With previous memberships in the International Association of Culinary Professionals, the James Beard Foundation and National Restaurant Association, she has kept abreast of the current and ever-changing trends in the culinary world.
In 2010, Dougherty created a light-hearted, entertaining but compelling radio program, “Food Nation Radio” a fun, informative mix of everything FOOD, including guest interviews, recipes and food/restaurant related features.
ABOUT FOOD NATION RADIO
- Each week our listeners get the very latest food news and information about the foods they eat and take home to their families.
- We feature interviews with award-winning chefs, restaurant owners, researchers and food safety experts in a LIVE, fast-paced, nationwide call-in show.
- Listeners are shown how easy it is to cook fresh, organic, healthy foods.
- Elizabeth Dougherty is a writer, trained chef, and now an award-winning talk show host.
- The show includes tips and secrets about dining out and in a twist, listeners hear what servers have to say about customers.
- Food Nation Radio was on the forefront of presenting expert guests with vital information about GMOs, at a time when no one was talking about or even knew about the subject.
Valentines Day 2013 brought wedding bells as she married longtime radio producer Michael Serio, co-host and executive producer of her show. The fun, playful and often unpredictable banter of a married couple comes through loud and clear on Food Nation Radio!
FOOD NATION RADIO FAST FACTS
Food Nation Radio airs LIVE Saturday mornings at 9am (ET)
Website: Food Nation Radio.com
Social Media Sites: Facebook | Twitter
Podcasts: iTunes | iHeart Radio | Google Play | Stitcher | Libsyn | RSS Feed
Listen Live: 24/7 Audio Stream of Previous Programs & Highlights
- We give our listeners, advertisers and stations a LIVE SHOW. (NO “BEST OF’S” EVER!)
- We present hard-hitting topics and interviews without the same old political spin.
- We are very social media conscious and stay in touch with our audience. (100,000 plus)
- We work closely with advertisers and stations to ensure their success.
- We are ready to deliver a fresh, tight, first-class show to your station from our digital studio utilizing Comrex Access and our own automation system.
FOOD NATION RADIO “ONE SHEET”
FOOD NATION RADIO “SHOW DEMO”
FOOD NATION RADIO CONTACT INFO
To add Food Nation Radio to your Program Schedule:
Jon Patch – Affiliate Relations 813-888-5043 | JonpPatch@cs.com
For Guest Bookings, Interviews and Advertising:
Michael Serio – Executive Producer –407.255.0166 | Michael.FoodNationRadio@gmail.com