DESTINATION UNKNOWN CORBIN KY BIRTHPLACE OF KFC
Food and Travel Nation – DESTINATION UNKNOWN CORBIN KY BIRTHPLACE OF KFC
with Elizabeth Dougherty
Broadcast Date: 5/14/22
This week, Elizabeth takes us to the small town of Corbin, Kentucky. This small town is located near the southeast corner of the state, north of the Tennessee border and is the home of the Harland Sanders Café and Museum. If that doesn’t sound familiar, it’s the birthplace of Kentucky Fried Chicken! So according to legend, a young Harland Sanders used an old pressure cooker and his concoction of 11 herbs and spices to cook chicken. Travelers would stop by his roadside café and raved about how the chicken was perfectly cooked and delicious. As a result, an American legend was born.
Visit Elizabeth’s Destination Unknown page.
ABOUT FOOD AND TRAVEL NATION
About the show: Food And Travel Nation with Elizabeth Dougherty is the fusion of food and travel. This fresh, compelling nationally-syndicated weekend program includes information for homesteading, traveling, gardening, taste tests, and in a twist, listeners hear what restaurant servers say about customers.
- Each week our listeners get the very latest food and travel information
- We produce homemade videos of healthy, easy to make recipes
- We feature no-holds barred interviews in a LIVE, fast-paced, nationwide call-in show.
- Elizabeth Dougherty is a writer, trained chef, world traveler and now an award-winning talk show host.
- Food Nation Radio was on the forefront of presenting expert guests with vital information about GMOs.
- We give our listeners, advertisers and stations a LIVE SHOW. (NO “BEST OF’S” EVER!)
- We present hard-hitting topics and interviews without the same old political spin.
- We are very social media conscious and stay in touch with our audience. (200,000 plus)
- We work closely with advertisers and stations to ensure their success.
- We are ready to deliver a fresh, tight, first-class show to your station from our digital studio utilizing Comrex Access and our own automation system.