GOVERNMENT ADVICE ABOUT COOKING OILS IS MAKING YOU SICK
Food and Travel Nation – GOVERNMENT ADVICE ABOUT COOKING OILS IS MAKING YOU SICK
Broadcast Date: 3/12/22
A groundbreaking study came out in 1953 claiming that whole milk and saturated fats were to blame for declining health in America. In ’77, the US government adopted that position and worked with
(coerced) the food industry to go “low fat” and to use highly-processed vegetable and nut oils in food production. So here we are, nearly 70 years later and instead of being healthier as a result of eating all these “better for you” products, Americans are overweight, diabetic, plagued with heart and liver diseases and tied to a daily array of pharmaceuticals.
Now researchers are looking with a skeptical eye at those so-called “good fats” that we’ve been told are a healthier option.
Maybe your great-grandmother was right after all when she used a little bacon fat for cooking!
ALL ABOUT ELIZABETH DOUGHERTY
I love to cook! I have been cooking and writing about food for more than ten years. As the fourth generation of chefs and gourmet grocers in my family, my mother, Francesca Esposito and grandmother, Carmella served as major influences in my early cooking years. As a teenager, my family sent me to Europe where I became focused on French and Italian cuisine. She survived a year and half of culinary tutelage under an amazing Swiss-German chef. I managed to graduate at NYIT, Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Business and Labor Relations. I also have a Nutrition Certificate from Cornell University.
In 2010, I created a light-hearted, entertaining, informative radio program, “Food Nation Radio”. It’s a mix of everything FOOD, including guest interviews, recipes and food/restaurant related features.
With previous memberships in the International Association of Culinary Professionals, the James Beard Foundation and National Restaurant Association, I have tried to keep abreast of the current and ever-changing trends in the culinary world.
ABOUT FOOD AND TRAVEL NATION
About the show: Food And Travel Nation with Elizabeth Dougherty is the fusion of food and travel. This fresh, compelling nationally-syndicated weekend program includes information for homesteading, traveling, gardening, taste tests, and in a twist, listeners hear what restaurant servers say about customers.
- Each week our listeners get the very latest food and travel information
- We produce homemade videos of healthy, easy to make recipes
- We feature no-holds barred interviews in a LIVE, fast-paced, nationwide call-in show.
- Elizabeth Dougherty is a writer, trained chef, world traveler and now an award-winning talk show host.
- Food Nation Radio was on the forefront of presenting expert guests with vital information about GMOs, at a time when no one was talking about or even knew about the subject.
- We give our listeners, advertisers and stations a LIVE SHOW. (NO “BEST OF’S” EVER!)
- We present hard-hitting topics and interviews without the same old political spin.
- We are very social media conscious and stay in touch with our audience. (200,000 plus)
- We work closely with advertisers and stations to ensure their success.
- We are ready to deliver a fresh, tight, first-class show to your station from our digital studio utilizing Comrex Access and our own automation system.