Breakfast doesn’t have to be boring ! Make it fun and energy filled with
Chocolate Oatmeal Breakfast Cake . This can bake while you get ready for work or school, or even the night before you plan to serve it.
INGREDIENTS Chocolate Oatmeal Breakfast Cake
See method for order to add ingredients. We are using the “muffin” method here.
1/2 cup coconut oil
and 1/4 cup maple syrup
then 1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
whip 1 egg
measure 1 cup cooked, dense oatmeal
1 cup flour
4 TB unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 to 1/3 chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350F
Spray an 8×8 pan with cooking spray
In bowl, mix wet ingredients, except oatmeal
In another bowl, whisk dry ingredients, except chips
In a stand mixer or by hand, mix dry into wet.
Add chips and fold in for about 10 seconds.
Use a spatula to put batter in pan.
Bake for 35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy! If you like that, try THIS.
About the show: Food And Travel Nation with Elizabeth Dougherty is the fusion of food and travel. This fresh, compelling nationally-syndicated weekend program includes information for homesteading, traveling, gardening, taste tests, and in a twist, listeners hear what restaurant servers say about customers.
- Each week our listeners get the very latest food and travel information
- We produce homemade videos of healthy, easy to make recipes
- We feature no-holds barred interviews in a LIVE, fast-paced, nationwide call-in show.
- Elizabeth Dougherty is a writer, trained chef, world traveler and now an award-winning talk show host.
- Food Nation Radio was on the forefront of presenting expert guests with vital information about GMOs, at a time when no one was talking about or even knew about the subject.
- We give our listeners, advertisers and stations a LIVE SHOW. (NO “BEST OF’S” EVER!)
- We present hard-hitting topics and interviews without the same old political spin.
- We are very social media conscious and stay in touch with our audience. (200,000 plus)
- We work closely with advertisers and stations to ensure their success.
- We are ready to deliver a fresh, tight, first-class show to your station from our digital studio utilizing Comrex Access and our own automation system.