SEXY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE
One of my favorite recipes: Sexy Chocolate Chip Cookies . Over the years we’ve tried dozens of cookie recipes, turns out the most amazing chocolate chip cookie just needed once certain ingredient. In this culinary secret, the addition of one ingredient, egg whites, gives additional structure to the cookie. Meanwhile, the air that’s whipped into the egg whites adds tiny pockets of air that when baked into the cookie, allowing it to rise to perfection. You’ll be amazed at how soft and chewy (and chocolaty) the cookie is on the inside, but has that perfect” snap” when you bite into it. The difference is amazing! Try it, and then share this recipe. Here’s a gluten-free, double chocolate version HERE.
2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup cane sugar
1 cup room temperature butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs separated
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
parchment paper or silpat
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl. combine flour, baking soda and salt and whisk until well mixed.
- Add softened butter, cane sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract to large mixer bowl and beat until creamy. Add eggs yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture and set aside. Beat egg whites in mixer with wire whisk until stiff peaks form. Using a wooden spoon, gently stir egg whites into cookie dough. Finally, add chocolate chips and mix carefully so as not to break up the chips.
- Place round tablespoon size ball of dough on baking sheets lined with parchment paper leaving room on all sides for them to expand.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Don’t be tempted to try one right out of the oven, the chocolate morsels will be hot. Allow to cook on the baking sheets for 2 minutes, then place on wire racks to cool completely.
- Best served with cold milk!