This is one of those dishes that looks complicated but is not. You’ll love how, as the juices cook off and evaporate, the caramelization on the bottom of the pan is absorbed into the pork. In the video we served it over pasta, you could certainly serve this over organic Jasmine rice.
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup onion finely grated
2 tbsp fresh ginger (or 2 tsp of ground ginger)
2 tsp minced garlic
1 Thai chili, deseeded and finely chopped (optional – packs heat)
1 lb organic ground pork
5 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp organic soy sauce
1 tbsp lime juice
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion, ginger, garlic and chili and cook for 2 minutes to soften the onion.
3. Add the ground pork and using a wooden spoon, break up the pork into small bits and cook until all the meat is white all over.
4. Add the brown sugar and stir.
5. Add the soy sauce and lime juice and stir.
6. Allow all the juices cook out and the pork will caramelize and pick up all that flavor off the bottom of the pan as it finishes cooking – about 5-10 minutes.
Serve over rice or pasta
Garnish with thinly sliced green onions and cucumbers and carrot shavings.